Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bogged Down

Sometimes I feel guilty that my children don't experience more. They've never heard live music; they've never seen a Van Gogh or a Monet. They haven't seen mountains or giraffes or race cars. Then something completely fun and amazing and unique to our lives will happen to remind me that it is all okay, that my children are getting all the experiences they need.

The most recent thing that happened was that we went with PaPap in his Ranger to feed the sheep and on the way back to the house the Ranger got stuck in the mud, or as we say in our neck of the woods "bogged down." Pop had to go get the tractor and pull the Ranger out of the mud. I even got to sit inthe Ranger and give it gas and steer it as he pulled it with the tractor. I made snacks and brought the children's camp chairs so they could watch the actions from a safe distance. "The Ranger got stuck in the mud" was all Elliott said for 48 hours. Now his chicken nuggets frequently get bogged down in ketchup. He has become a master at getting food and toys unstuck.

Enjoy where you are. That is what we will continue to do. I think this is an important life lesson.

1 comment:

GrandPa said...

Amen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,luall, nanaLin & G'Pa