Thursday, September 2, 2010

Popovers

My second recipe from The Gift of Southern Cooking was good old-fashioned popovers. They were good for a change, but I don't think I'll make them a lot. The bottoms of the popovers were a little spongy for my taste. They are different though; I know I'll try them again.

Popovers

2 cups sifted unbleached flour
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 cups milk
unsalted butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Put flour and salt in mixing bowl and mix well.
Beat eggs lightly.
Pour milk into eggs; mix well, then pour slowly into flour mixture stirring constantly.
Cover lightly and let rest at least an hour.
Generously grease 12 muffin cups with butter.
Heat the muffin tins in oven for 2 minutes, then quickly pour 1/3 cup batter into each cup.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes without opening the door.
Serve hot from the oven.

No comments: