Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fifteen Fill-ins

I love a blog called Marta Writes...Welcome to the Dear Diary Stories. Lately she's been having guest bloggers post their responses to fifteen fill-ins. For some odd reason, she hasn't asked me, so I thought I just give it a go over here.

:: no matter what mood i'm in, i can always go for a: slice (loaf) of sourdough bread with butter.

:: my favorite go-to outfit would have to be: jeans, flats, top, and cardigan in winter. skirt, top, and sandals in the summer.

:: a good source of inspiration is: my family, also books and poetry i read.

:: am so glad my parents taught me: it doesn't pay to cheat and that i am loved.

:: a song i like to dance to is: His Eye is on the Sparrow by Abagail Washburn and Caroline by Brandi Carlisle.

:: i wish everyone knew about: Mary Oliver.

:: the best thing in my makeup bag is: my Dior mascara and my Dr. Pepper lip balm.

:: my dream spring break vacation spot is: The Beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Or, Paris. Or India. Or Mexico.

:: this may be a surprise, but i am passionate about: home food preservation. i'm lame, i know. but i love canning, freezing, drying. then, i really love pulling that stuff out throughout the year and cooking for my family with it.

:: a favorite book that changed me for the better: The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe. i didn't read much in my adolescence. i would say reading this book in college started my adult love affair with reading.

:: one of my pet peeves is: that they don't make Downy refills in the cardboard carton anymore (or at least I can't find them anywhere.)

:: my favorite daily ritual would have to be: getting up before everyone else in the house and having my quiet time. also, when we all five pile in the bed at night and read books.

:: i am trying to be better at: being engaged and being prepared.

:: the most recent rad thing i found online was: a pair of boots on Ebay that I had been pining and looking for for almost six months.

:: i can't live without: dark chocolate, kale, greek yogurt, good books, rain, a little sunshine, lucia, elliott, mazie bell, h, my sister, and, of course, you.

1 comment:

Reckless said...

i might just do this one myself. I am completely uninspired at the blog right now. greek yogurt for me, too. Chobani vanilla today. at this very moment, to be exact!