Thursday, December 3, 2009

Coyoacan

Cousin Avery gave the babes a Melissa & Doug easel for their birthday. One side is a chalkboard, the other a dry erase board which you can also clip paper to. The easel comes with paint, brushes, and cups to put the paint in. The best thing about the painting attraction of the easel is that the cups have lids with small holes in the middle, just big enough for a paintbrush to go through.
Because I am a big fraidy cat, I only let the children paint when I have one. I just don't think I am emotionally stable enough to paint with three two-year-olds. (I'll work on that, maybe.) So, it has taken a little while, but now all three have gotten a chance to paint their first masterpiece (thanks to getting up early from naps and staying home from school sick).
The pictures above are of Lucia. She was first to give it a go. She loves art the most. She holds her crayon like adults hold pens, not with a fist like the other two. She also uses her left hand almost exclusively (this thrills her Mama Bee, as she is a lefty).



Above is Elliott's masterpiece along with photos of him painting away. He especially loved wearing the smock his Aunt Patti made him. He didn't want to take it off until it was bathtime.

Both Mazie and Lucia experimented with various brush strokes, especially the pointillism style. Everyone enjoyed painting. I have kept their first paintings, though I am not sure what I will do with them because they are so big. I am thinking of ways to save them for future enjoyment.

No comments: