Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Importance of Routine

So. I am now officially caught up with the blog. I feel like I have been slacking, playing catch-up, and, in general, not doing a good job with the blog for almost a year now.

Here is what I do know. Routine is of the utmost importance to me. If I commit to something it will not be successful unless I incorporate it into my routine. When I was pumping, the blog was updated all the time. Then, I started doing it at night. I would sit with H while she watched TV and work on the blog. Since the beginning of the year we have been having struggles at bedtime. So, I do not go downstairs to watch TV with H. Out the window went my blogging time.

(What? I can't blame my sporadic blogging on the children?)

I hope to rectify the issue. How? Well, I have moved my desk area to the upstairs living area. ("Downstairs" at our house is just four stairs down to the old carport turned great room.) I have been trying to upload pictures when I am cooking supper. My computer takes too long to upload the picutres. If I have a list of what needs to be uploaded, I can walk by, check the next photo off the list and upload it and then go into the kitchen and stir or chop or whisk.

This blog is my account of our family, our children's development. Being behind has caused me to lose precious details that I know I would have loved to remember. It is no one's fault but my own, but it affects each member of my family. I hope to do better.

2 comments:

karen said...

you are doing a great job. now you are back on track! congrats, glad you found a way to incorporate back into daily life so i can read it :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Karen & love her blog too - you are doing a great job. Grandma Libby and I are glad you're back on track also. It's wonderful to see what LEM and Avery are doing on their own and with their parents, family, and friends. I wish we all lived closer. Maybe we will some day until then please keep blogging! Anita