Thursday, January 24, 2008

Our Bath Time


We give the babies a full bath two to three times a week. Most nights, if we don't bathe them, we give them a quick soak in warm water to rinse them off and relax them. Sometimes I will just strip one in the nursery and bring her or him
into the bathroom for a soak, leaving the others in the swings. So far I have only been peed on twice. When I get pooped upon, I will probably stop this risky maneuver.

If we are taking a full bath I often move everybody and everything into the bathroom, shut the door, turn on the heater, and spend about an hour bathing them.

We still use the pink dish pans we received from the hospital; thankfully the babies no longer fit in them. We use them to wash the babies outside the tub. Then we put them in the tub to rinse them off and soak them in the warm water. Having premature babies, we are not allowed to use any lotions or powders on them. So, we just suds, rinse, and dry.

Bathing is such an event. I don't look forward to it, but once we are all hunkered down in the bathroom, I enjoy spending that time with them. They don't care much for the sudsing up portion of the bath, but they love to soak away.

No comments: