Sunday, August 29, 2010

Grandma's

So, after driving through Auburn, we made our way to Grandma's house. She has some amazing trees in her yard. Out front is the biggest Holly tree I have ever seen. I had no idea a Holly tree could get so big. In her back yard is the biggest fig tree I've ever seen. It is so expansive and takes up a large portion of the back yard. It is a great place to explore and climb.

In our region of the country Brown Turkey figs are one of the best varieties to grow; my Grandmother taught me this. Fig trees love to be planted close to the house. In fact, the saying goes, they like to be able to hear you talk. This I learned from H's Grandmother and it's true. I had to learn it the hard way.
Lots of fun (and fragile!) things to play with at Grandma's.
Here are our best shots of Grandma with the four.

Here we all are smiling for the camera. We look forward to the next time we can all be together again.

3 comments:

Reckless said...

I keep being surprised by how much Avery looks like Karen. They are all such little dolls.

Amy said...

You're children are so lucky (and beautiful), love the experiences you share with us. Avery is so dang cute! They all need to stop growing up before I see them again! Mazie looks like you, Katie, in these pics. Love and miss you all.

The Sweetest Bean said...

beautiful picks! miss you guys and hope your mom and grandmother are well