Monday, March 24, 2008

Vegetables between the toes

Well, today we started carrots. I am trying to stay positive about this new experience of solids. Hhmmm, what do I enjoy about it? Their funny faces. Watching them enjoy the tastes and textures. Seeing them reach for the spoon. I enjoyed making their squash (which we have not eaten yet). What do I not enjoy? The answer to that question is probably evident in the photo.

They did a good job today. Lucia really took to the carrots, lunging at the spoon when I approached her with it. Elliott did fine too, although I feel he did not love the carrots with quite the same abandon as Lu did.


As I was telling my sister how I wasn't really enjoying the solids experience, she tried to comfort me. "It gets easier..." she said. Then, after pausing a few seconds, "...after about three months." Great. I'll be another year older by the time this gets easier.

I know, I know. You are right. Just enjoy this time. And I will. Just as soon as I bring the garden hose in and hose down my family room.

[We are not giving Mazie solids for a while in an effort to get her back on breast milk. I'll post about that later. So for now it is just Lucia and Elliott partaking in the solids.]

No comments: