Sunday, October 11, 2009

Crackers

I really like to cook with my three. I think they enjoy it too, though maybe not as much as I do. Below is one of our recent recipes. I had never baked crackers before. They were very easy and tasted good. The three didn't like the crackers, but I did. I will definitely make them again. It is nice to have help making but not eating the goods.

Alabama Chanin (pronounced Shannon) Crackers
from Alabama Stitch Book, page 94, by Natalie Chanin.

3/4 cup oil
1 cup water
3 cups oats
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup wheat germ
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 300-325°F. Blend liquid ingredients, and pour over the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix, then roll out the dough on the bottom of 2 baking sheets to the edges. Sprinkle with salt and cut into 2" squares. Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.

No comments: