Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pretty ribbons of blue

I read in a magazine a while back, probably Real Simple, that one way to help keep you linen closet organized was to tie a ribbon around a set of sheets and attach a pretty tag telling the size of the sheets. I thought that was a terrific idea. Until I gave it some thought. I don't have time to eat and go to the bathroom sometimes, and yet I am supposed to tie my sheets up like a pretty birthday present? Not only is that notion crazy, it's annoying.

Still, I thought about the end result and amended it. What I have started doing is folding one pillowcase and both sheets and putting them in the second pillow case. That way the set stays together but it takes no extra time to organize them than the actual folding, which you have to do anyway.

I hope I don't ever have the kind of life that affords the time to tie my sheets with pretty ribbons and I hope you don't either.

1 comment:

karen said...

or you can be like me and have only one set of sheets that you wash and put right back on, then you don't need any organizational help. what i would like is for someone else to put a ribbon and tag around my clean sheets and place them neatly away, i am definitely not sure who that someone would be...but then i would have to go out of my way to buy another set of sheets. nope, not happening. btw, totally loving your blog. loving it.