Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sibling Injury

We have our first real battlescars. I was cooking supper in the kitchen (where I usually do) and sent Mazie to take something into the bathroom. I heard her scream out in a harsh cry.
When I got to her, I found a terrible mark starting on her upper eyelid and traveling down her cheek. I didn't know what had happened; I just tried to console her for a while. I was worried that her eye was scratched. She was very upset.
After a few minutes, I could tell that Elliott (who'd been the only one in the room with her) had grabbed her face and made a terrific scratch on it.
Maze and I put ice on her wound and applied lots of love. The scratch has faded into a bruise. Everyone asks what happened to her.
I know this is just the first of many wounds and I don't look forward to more of them.

No comments: