Friday, September 18, 2009

Project40

I keep hearing the line from When Harry Met Sally in my head: "But I'm going to be 40...some day." I am indeed, God willing, going to be 40 very soon. No, not tomorrow. Not next month. Not even next year. But pretty much right after that.

So I have been thinking about what I'd like to do to celebrate the occasion. When I turned 30 I ran* the Country Music Marathon with Team in Training. It was a great experience. I really loved doing that to celebrate the 30 milestone.

I have a few ideas that I'd like to write about here. I want to record them and commit to them. I often, however, set my goals too high. I don't want to set myself up to be disappointed. That is not what Project40 is about. I want to challenge myself for the purpose of self-improvement, yes, but also for the purpose of expressing my gratitude for all that I have in my life.

I'll be posting more ideas in the upcoming weeks. I'd like to firm up what my goals are before too long. After all, I'm going to be 40...some day.

* I use the verb ran loosely, as it took me six hours and fifteen minutes to complete the race. I am sure there were walkers who finished faster than I did. Then, if 6:15 wasn't bad enough, I threw up water and oranges for a good six hours after the finish. An event for which I don't think my sister will ever forgive me.

No comments: