Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Retroscept & Poor Poetry

It has been a while since I've posted a retrospect, so I am going to post some one-year-old birthday party pictures with the pictures from this week's two-years-old celebration.

When I taught school, several years I would start the school year off asking the students to write a five line poem about themselves. For the life of me right now I can't remember what they are called. I feel like some version of five is somewhere in the name: cinque terra or quinceanera? At any rate, I thought I'd write a little poem for each of the children to commemorate where they are in life right now. (I actually intended to write a sestina, but that is quite a bit more involved. Maybe I can get one of those written by the time they enter college.)

Here is the form of the poem

name
two adjectives
three -ing verbs
a phrase with opposing ideas
another name

No comments: